All 1 game Review

Awesome Sprite Tutorial Awesome Sprite Tutorial

Not bad, not bad at all!

Typically, you don't get the instructions on how to remove the "white" borders on imported pics in tutorials. That was a nice inclusion. Also, I didn't find out about onion skinning until only recently, so that was an excellent point to bring to light.

With Mario's animation, though, I think he needs a little bob in the 2nd frame (Hat cannot match frame previous), otherwise it looks like he's just kicking his legs and sliding when you tween him across the stage. I mean, when you think about it, it'd probably be really hard to keep your head completely level while running. A few small pixel adjustments up on that second frame will make the animation look more natural. Also, copying and pasting that second frame after the third one looks a lot better than looping to the first one again.

I hope my review was constructive and useful. Nicely done tutorial!

Swizardv2 responds:

You have a few good points there. I normally make a motion tween that smalls him up (the running mario) a bit, making it really look like he runs. Actually making it lower in the beginning might not be a bad idea xD. And it depends per Sheet...I guess mario could look a little more smooth using the second frame twice, but it would have made it harder to explain :P
Thanks for your review